Saturday 7 April 2018

Definitive Proof

Remember me telling you that Daniel John Guilfoyle Seymour was a little liar and he had userped his brother's name to marry for the third time while not bothering to end either of the first two marriages?
Well!
You might think that this is just me reshowing the picture from the fabled scrapbook but look at the second picture and you can see what is written on the back. This is the uniform of the Merchant Navy. We know Daniel was in the merchant service because I have showed you his registration card with a picture.
This picture was sent to Muriel, oldest child of Margaret Annie Guilfoyle and Frederic Gibbon and as you can see Daniel is calling himself Uncle Charlie. He says it was taken in 1919, well that fits with him going back to sea. I am just so pleased to have seen this picture - thank you cousin Gareth for allowing me to copy it.
 He has medals on his chest but I have no idea if he is really entitled to wear them. He does look like his mother, he has her deep-set eyes. and I can see Cousin Travis in the line of the mouth - and I think that is like his father (Daniel's not Travis')
I just couldn't wait to share these with you. I might have a couple more surprises but first I need to talk to Gareth

No comments:

Post a Comment