Sunday 5 November 2017

More pictures from the past

Our Cousin Domini has sent me some pictures of her family - parents and siblings.
Domini "rock and rolling with a family friend in Greece in 1956

Domini is the eldest child of Mary Josephine Guilfoyle and Michael Wilson. They married in 1944.
Mary Josephine is the Daughter of Charles Seymour Aaron Guilfoyle and Mary Breen who married in North Wales in 1914.
Charles Seymour Aaron Guilfoyle is the youngest son of Charles John Guilfoyle Seymour and Elizabeth "Bessie" Nathan.
" Aaaah" I hear you say, "That's the connection".
Domini and Anthony
 Yes, it is and if you are really interested I can send you a PDF version of the family tree and you can see for yourselves the convoluted twists and turns of these branches. I hope some of you take me up on this offer
Mary Josephine, charleston girl

I am hoping that Domini will find time between her travels to tell us more about her and her family. She has children, but she hasn't given me details yet - not that I am pushing you understand, but I am just .............. curious, yes that's it I am curious. I am NOT being nosey I just want to make the family tree more complete OK?
Mary Josephine with Domini
 Can you see any family likeness? I can, but I could be just wishing it. There is a certain bone structure that seems to shine through. Until now I have assumed it comes from the Bessie Nathan side but now I realise that I need to know more about the Guilfoyle side. This means tackling the Irish roots and I simply don't know where to start.
Wedding picture of Michael Wilson and Mary Josephine Guilfoyle 1944
 I believe Charles John Guilfoyle was born around 1850, give or take a year or two. Official registration of births didn't begin in Ireland until the 1870s and my searches for the baptism of a Charles John with a father called Daniel have not found anything but that could be because of several reasons
a) I am not looking in the right place
b) Catholic registers have not been digitised for every parish in Ireland.
c)I am useless at finding stuff
Tim and Anthony

Tim, Domini, Deidre, Anthony at Blarney Castle
With a bit of luck something will allow me to find a small kernel of information and that will open the flood gates.
Enjoy the pictures and let me know if you want a copy of the family tree

No comments:

Post a Comment