Thursday 13 July 2017

Memory Making - to the next Generation

Last night we attended a Promise Ceremony. Miss Boo made her Promise as a Girl Guide. This was made even more special by the fact that her Mum is the Guide Leader for the Company and this unit was started because there was nowhere for the girls to go when they were too old for Brownie Guides.

 I was so proud of both of them.
 It was made even more poignant by the memories this evoked. You see Waaaay back in 1975 when Andrea was ten She moved up from Brownies to Guides and was thrilled to be leaving me behind. I was an assistant leader for the Brownies.. Two weeks later I had a phone call from the District Commissioner telling me that if I didn't take over the Guides then it would close.
Andrea was distinctly annoyed by this but my good friend Viv agreed to help and we had an arrangement that I would be the one to talk to her daughters and she would talk to mine. As the Leader I was the one to stand in front of them while they made their promise.
 There was home made cake! Made by Andrea and really delicious. Trefoil shaped because of the Girl Guide badge. and a perfect shade of Guide blue
Seeing Miss Boo Standing beside her mother helping her and watching as she made her promise meant that all those happy times at meetings and at camp came flooding back. So special. So proud of my Girl Guides

No comments:

Post a Comment