Friday 19 August 2011

The first online Gazette

I thought it was time to drag us into the twenty-first century so I have created a Gibbon Gazette blog. This will mean that everyone in the family will be able to get to see things quickly - and comment on the articles too. Perhaps this way you might even contact me with stories LOL.

 I have added a picture that Cousin Andrew found in his stash of photographs. Fred is on the far left of the picture with the paper bag in his hand.
Muriel is number six from the left, tucked in behind another girl. Steve is singing with a sheet of paper in his hand. Also in the picture is Reg North who was a friend of Fred.

Looking at the picture I would say that this had to be taken on Good Friday because they are obviously out for the day and I would imagine that the only days that such a group could be out walking would be on a Sunday or a holiday. It looks like Bettws lane and I think they are on their way up to Twm Barlwm to celebrate Good Friday. Most of Newport would walk up there in the "old" days.

I will be adding information about the family tree to this blog and I will get all the details of the latest finds about our elusive actors - and also I can tell you if I discover any more about the elusive Fred Clode because we still haven't found out when he died.
tell me if you think this is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment