Tuesday 30 August 2011

Details of the family tree

Amy, Sandy and Doreen
Cousin Sandy, in Arizona asked if I could put details of who belongs to whom onto the blog. I have thought about this and I have read a lot of other blogs and everyone seems concerned about "them" and the fact that "they" could read the details and steal our identities. To avoid this here is what I suggest we do.
If you aren't sure of the relationships then download a free family tree programme - the LDS website has one that is perfectly good for this - and then ask me to send you a copy of the family tree as a .gedcom file. You can then open the file using the family tree software and if you want to print it out and look at it you can. I will add photographs to this blog and then you can look at the tree and see who's who AND who they belong to.
I did type out two generations for Sandy and it took over an hour so I think this is a much better way for us all to get the information.
I will be continuing to send out the newsletter occasionally, I would like to do more of the themed issues like the one that Russell sent us about the pie town and the one Martyn wrote about his DofE expeditions. If anyone has an idea then please do send it to me...... I know, I know I am wasting my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment