Thursday 25 August 2016

The trip up North


 The top picture is our Cousin Pat, daughter of Muriel, granddaughter of Margaret Annie Guilfoyle at her 80th birthday meal, with her brother Leonard and his daughter Debra. It is Debra I want you to look at because............... well look at the next picture. I am sitting at the computer with Patricia daughter of John Benjamin, son of John Daniel Guilfoyle. Debra and Patricia have inherited the same genes - yes?

Colin took this picture after watching us for half an hour and he said we had been usinh our hands and moving our heads in the same way for all that time.

I have to say right now that from the moment we met face to face it was as though there had never been a time before we met. even though I have a south Wales accent and their's is Liverpool and surrounding area. Even though we use different words in different places  we were finishing each others sentences and taking thoughts out of each other's heads.
There was one moment when we recognised together what we were both going to say so we laughed and carried on ... without actually saying it

Next to Patricia is her daughter Pamela, the one who saw the picture I put onto the British-Genealogy forum and realized that the Daniel Seymour that was her great grandfather is the John Daniel Seymour I had been tracking through the register offices.

Colin says it was spooky watching us three together. I think he should be used to it by now. He's seen it working at every family gathering.

On Sunday Pamela and her husband Paul ( oh gosh he is just lovely and fits into this family like a hand in a glove) and Colin and I met up with cousin Richie, son of Dennis Gibbon, and his gorgeous wife Dolores for Sunday lunch. Once again you simply could not imagine us never knowing one another. The time flew by and we eventually remembered to order food. Then we had to move because the free car parking would be ending - it was only three hours!

Lots of hugs shared and a great reluctance to part. It was amazing to be in the presence of a punk rock star - at least Richie told us we should be amazed so we were.
Paul and Pamela WILL be coming down here to visit and as soon as we have sorted out dates I will be telling everyone.
Did we have a good time? oh you betcha! So much so that I didn't want to come home. This is me! The one that gets homesick after two days and I wanted to stay longer.
We sorted out a bit more information for the family tree and these adjustments will be made and put into the gazette. I will also be sending out an edition soon.

Now I have some stuff to move into the fornow room so that Pamela and Paul will have somewhere to sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment